(Redirected from Make-fai-nfsroot)
This command was rename to fai-make-nfsroot!
FAI command to create the NFS root directory on a FAI installation server.
Tasks performed by this script:
- Create a Debian live system which can be bootstrapped (mounted and run) from a client via NFS over the network
- Put configuration in place: /etc/hosts (on client), ...
- Configures SSH for user fai (user home directory /var/log/fai) to allow non-interactive log-in on the server from an installing client and perform logging and installation clean-up activities there
- create_nfsroot (create_base -> call_debootstrap, copy_fai_files, setup_ssh)
- kernel_install (install_kernel_nfsroot -> update-initramfs)
- run_hooks, check_nfsroot, umount_dirs
Alternatively, at user's option, this script performs removal or updates of the kernel of an existing NFS root only.