Hello and welcome to the FAI wiki.
This is a public wiki for FAI - Fully Automatic Installation FAI. It's a place for users and developers of FAI to share information. Below is a first start for the contents that we want to provide here:
- Resources - there are some information resources about FAI available "out there", as well as some inofficial developer branches, that are handled somewhere else until that code will be incoporated in the FAI main Branch - and we want to point to them.
- Events - Developer and User Meetings, Workshops, Tutorials happening
- User documentation and examples:
- example classes and helper scripts - classes and small code contributions that are not (already) part of the FAI distribution
- tips and tricks - other hints for users by users that are not exactly written in code like the above - general advice, configuration hints
- Success Stories - who is using FAI, how and why - and, when available pictures of teh machines installed with FAI :)
- questionnaire (an easy to use webform should be available there some day...)
- user FAQ ( from questions in the mailing list and on IRC freenode #fai) - we want to take the contents of the old and somewhat unmaintained fai faqmatic to this wiki to have all information mor centralized
- linux-fai mailing list infos (Netiquette, how to subscribe and use)
- whishlist (for those users that can't use the debian bts for reporting a bug of type wishlist)
- Developer information:
- developer FAQ from the mailing list and irc channel
- linux-fai-devel mailing list info - netiquette, how to subscribe and use
- FAI BTS page on debian.org:
- FAI QA page on debian.org:
- source package fai
- source package fai-kernels
- development plan - who is or will be doing doing what, and when?
- testing - general information on FA development testing, and documentation of testcases and a test plan for the development - who tests what and how. Eventually we want to have a system so developers can report the results of their tests, as long as we don#t have that fully automated, which will take a while.
- Help for using this wiki - how to edit and add content here - last but not least