FAI Wiki Administration Coordination
info - how to create new wiki accounts?
- login to the wiki
- choose "special pages" in the left menu
- chose "create an account or login" on top
- fill in the fields "user name", "email" and "real name"
- hit the button "by email"
- send a confirmation mail to the user and the admin list
as with the start of the wiki having lots of trouble with spam at the moment, I need to document some things here we can do about that situation
just some short notes:
- we have now an rss2email service running so Thomas and Henning get changelog to see shit happening immediately. the mail interval is not once a day, which might be too short
- anybody with administrator status in the wiki can help revert changes manually, as explained here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Reverting
- there seems to be no script available that let one delete all changes made by a specific user. This would pare lots of time, and Henning stars fiddling out how to write that - need some deeper knowledge about the database, some hints must be found somewhere in the mediawiki code. I requested this script at mediawiki's request for queries page
- I have some futher idea for anti-spam measures, documented on the discussion pageof the mediawiki page for spam functions
- we should also look if we can implement content banning blacklists - does that work with 1.4.x? otherwise, we should upgrade!
Login Page Text
The text on the login page (that points to email adresse and IRC channel to get an account) is saved on the page MediaWiki:Loginprompt It can be edited by people with admin permissions as any other page.
eventually, we could also add here some more hints about running the fai wiki