Difference between revisions of "FAI Wiki Administration Coordination"
(add hint for content banning)
m (fix typo)
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
eventually, we also add here some more hints about running the fai wiki
Revision as of 01:55, 20 December 2005
as with the start of the wiki having lots of trouble with spam at the moment, I need to document some things here we can do about that situation
just some short notes:
- we have now an rss2email service running so Thomas and Henning get changelog to see shit happening immediately. the mail interval is not once a day, which might be too short
- anybody with administrator status in the wiki can help revert changes manually, as explained here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Reverting
- there seems to be no script available that let one delete all changes made by a specific user. This would pare lots of time, and Henning stars fiddling out how to write that - need some deeper knowledge about the database, some hints must be found somewhere in the mediawiki code
I requested this script at mediaiwiki's request for queries page
- I have some futher idea for anti-spam measures, documented on the discussion pageof the mediawiki page for spam functions
- we should also look if we can implement content banning blacklists - does that work with 1.4.x? otherwise, we should upgrade!
eventually, we could also add here some more hints about running the fai wiki