Revision as of 15:07, 23 January 2006 by Sanso (added hint on spelling)
What would we be without rules?
some editing rules/hints
- Please enter a summary of your edit before you save.
- Check the preview before you save.
- Please make sure that you put your content in the right context, browse through the wiki and use the search function to check that.
- If you have created a page that you know is not completed, add a horizontal rule (with ---- at the beginning of a line) at the end, and put TODO: <TASK TO DO> lines below that. A Category
TODOcan bring all the
- Maybe it's a good idea if people can contact the author of a page they want contribute to - which is possible if everybody has contact data on their user page (no it's not arule that you should, but often it might help make the result better.
- You can make Your text more readable by using the <code> </code> tag for, say, filenames or shellcommands. The result will look something like this
# apt-get remove --purge login
- Check the spelling in Your submissions. Correct orthography helps readability.
- TODO: maybe we should have a naming scheme for some special page types, like pages describeing user-contributed classes, success stories, and stuff