- 1 General Information
- 2 Date and Location
- 3 Sleeping, Eating, Drinking
- 4 Cost/Sponsorship
- 5 Participants/Registration
- 6 Communication
- 7 Agenda
- 8 Topic proposals for discussion and work
- 9 Timeline
- 10 Documentation
You can add yourself to the list of interested participants below. Please, also send a mail to Thomas.
Date and Location
July 2.-4. 2010 at the Linuxhotel in Essen, Germany. Linuxhotel in Essen: (Travel info, Anreise)
See http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.html for generic information on community events at this location (only in German language)
Sleeping, Eating, Drinking
Sleeping in the hotel, breakfast, coffee flatrate and drinks are included in the low fee we have to pay. We have to organize lunch and dinner on our own. In the past we managed to pay everything with the money from our sponsors, so you do not have to pay anything.
We have pay some costs for every person:
- If n=number of persons, overall amount of money needed: n * 60 euros
Additional money is needed for food and maybe travel sponsorship
We're looking for sponsors from now on, so far we have an agreement with these companies:
WE DO NOT HAVE ANY SPONSORS YET!
Add your name here if you intend to participate, and for planning purposes, also mail to lange (ad) debian org.
Please don't forget to let us know some contact data.
- Thomas Lange
- Michael Prokop
- Sebastian Hetze
- Thomas Neumann
- Andreas Schuldei
- Rudy Gevaert
- Mattias Jansson
- Michael Goetze
- Henning Sprang
- Michael Tautschnig ?
- Waldemar Brodkorb?
We can talk on the usual IRC Channel and using the linux-fai-devel mailing list.
- Mailing list for announcement: https://lists.uni-koeln.de/mailman/listinfo/linux-fai-devel/
Please subscribe to it if you are an (interested) participant. Import information about the event will be communicated there.
- Setup of the network
- Introduction round, hello to everybody
- Define things that need to be worked on with high priority for the squeeze release
- Start of work
- Work on things for squeeze release
- Discussion: Features for squeeze
- Read access from /dev/beer
- Work on things for squeeze release
- Final round: What did we mangage to do this weekend
Topic proposals for discussion and work
In this section, you can enter proposals for topics to work on, and things to discuss. Please add your name.
People interested in a topic should enter their name in the section of this topic to show their interest.
You can mark your topic with (D) or (W) to make clear it's a (D)iscussion or (W)ork topic.
- which things changed in squeeze (for e.g. locale and keyboard settings via debconf?)
- config space via http, wget a compressed tar file of config space, maybe use lzma (W), patch from wlademar
- ainsl should supply more information in exit code (W)
- debian/rule with new debhelper version (W)
- fcopy and preinst, see #573044 (W)
- add new scripts: collect-mac, edit-dhcpd (W)
- determine which files are changed in nfsroot by make-fai-nfsroot. The nfsroot would be more generic if install client could receive those files, insterad of m-f-n writing them into the nfsroot
- new variable FAI_RAMDISK should hold a list of all directories which will be put into a ramdisk (W)
- order of packages in install_package. Is there need for a PRE and POST section? Packages which will be installed before/after all other packages? (D)
- simple progress bar using dialog/gauge or fai-progress or plymouth (D)
- enhance fcopy so it replaces variables in templates (D)
- use fcopy for sources.list in prepareapt (D)
- fcopy: remove -p (D)
- remove setup_harddisks (D)
In general we will have:
- Starting meeting - people introduce themselves, tell about their interests to work on, workgroups are built, final schedule outlined
- In the middle: Discussion about general ideas for the further FAI development
- End: Discussion about progress made on the work topics - what did we reach - what will happen with the topics not done yet, how will the workgroups continue working on them
Infrastructure of the Workshop LAN
sources.list entries of Debian mirros - offizielle debian lenny mirror, und temp beta fai packages:
deb http://192.168.2.250/debian lenny main deb http://192.168.2.250/cskoeln lenny koeln
- Thomas: *.2.250, *.2.11
- Andreas: *.2.4, *.2.21, *.2.31,
- Sebastian: *.2.49
- Henning S.: *.2.33, *.2.34, *.2.35