- 1 General Information
- 2 Date
- 3 Location
- 4 Sleeping, Eating, Drinking
- 5 Cost/Sponsorship
- 6 Participants/Registration
- 7 Communication
- 8 Agenda (1. Vorschlag)
We would like the participants to read the DevWorkshopGuidelines first, then you can add yourself to the list of interested participants below.
8th to 10th of August 2008 at the Linuxhotel in Essen, Germany.
Linuxhotel in Essen (Travel info, Anreise)
See http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.html for generic information on community events at this location (only in German language)
Sleeping, Eating, Drinking
Sleeping in the hotel, breakfast, coffee flatrate and drinks are included in the low fee we have to pay. We have to organize lunch and dinner on our own. Normally we manage to pay everything with the money from our sponsors, so you do not have to pay anything.
Due to german tax laws, the Linuxhotel is not allowed anymore to give the location away for free. They have to charge some money:
- If n=number of persons, overall amount of money needed: n * 60
Additional money is needed for food and travel sponsorship
We're looking for sponsors from now on, so far we have an agreement with these companies:
TODO: ask other sponsors
Potentially the ones from last time:
Add your name here if you intedn to participate, and for planning purposes, also mail to henning(et)sprang[dodd]de.
Please don't forget to let us know some contact data, especially in case you don't read the -devel Mailing list. In case of travel sponsorship required, please add a guess of your travel costs.
- Thomas Lange with Luise
- Henning Sprang
- Henning Glawe
- Michael Tautschnig
- Andreas Schuldei
- Sebastian Hetze
You won't come maybe - you'll come for sure, isn't it? :)
We can talk on the usual IRC Channel and using the linux-fai-devel mailing list.
- Mailing list for announcement: https://listi.jpberlin.de/mailman/listinfo/fai-dev-workshop
Please subscribe to it if you are an (interested) participant. Import information about the event will be communicated there.
Agenda (1. Vorschlag)
- Aufbau des Netzwerk
- Bug squashing hour bis alle da sind, Mrfai sucht Hilfe fuer Bugs
- Wenn alle da sind: Vorstellungsrunde, Agenda genauer festlegen
- Read access von /dev/beer
- Define things that need to be worked on with high priority for the Lenny release
- Work on things for Lenny release
- Meeting: Was haben wir erreicht?
- Work on things for Lenny release
- Meeting: Was haben wir erreicht - was fehlt noch?
topic proposals for discussion and work
In this section, you can enter proposals for topics to work on, and things to discuss. Please add your name and maybe contact information, if you are not well known to your proposals in case of occuring questions.
People interested in a topic should enter their name in the section of this topic to show their interest.
You can mark your topic with (D) or (W) to make clear it's a (D)iscussion or (W)ork topic.
- Once again: Further work on a simple FAI gui (ldap-independent/storage-agnostic and easy to install) - see GUIConcept (W) --lazyboy
- Once more: setup_harddisks (W) --michael, Mrfai, lazyboy
- include XEN examples? (D) (does this makes sense without using XEN kernel in FAI examples?) -- lazyboy
- Get the bug-count down to 0 (W) --michael
Moderator: Henning Sprang will be responsible to take care that we (roughly)keep in line with the agenda. Talk to him if you see the need for spontaneous changes in the course of the workshop.
In general we will have:
- Starting meeting - people introduce themselves, tell about their interests to work on, workgroups are built, final schedule outlined
- In the middle: Discussion about general ideas for the further FAI development
- End: Discussion about progress made on the work topics - what did we reach - what will happen with the topics not done yet, how will the workgroups continue working on them